Touching insights into Prince from the book:
- He called Michael Jackson’s music all about magic, and Led Zeppelin’s all about law breaking. He called his own music all about healing.
- He sat upright and was an “impeccable” turn signaler when driving.
- He often rented out a local movie theater after hours to watch films like Kung Fu Panda 3.
- He wanted his voice and that of the author’s to blend together, creating an unusual kind of memoir, in honor of building a community, a brotherhood, unlike what he felt like most rap artists, like Kanye West, were doing in being selfish and Ayn Rand-like greedy.
- Prince was his given name.
- As a toddler, Prince loved the outdoors and his little girlfriend and he performed a long tap dance and also had seizures.
- He was diagnosed as a child as schizophrenic after his alcoholic mother killed his abusive father, a scene painfully re-enacted in the Purple Rain movie.
- His real name was Prince Rogers Nelson.